Data Protection Policy Statement
Market Harborough Photographic Society’s (MHPS) Constitution sets out the objects of the club, which are:
- To foster and promote greater interest in photography as a hobby.
- To assist its members to improve their photographic skills and knowledge.
These are to be achieved through:
Practical and social meetings, lectures, demonstrations, competitions and any other relevant means.
MHPS is a data controller, with ‘legitimate interest’, within the UK.
The personal information referred to in this policy could include:
- Telephone Numbers
- Email Address
- Records of entries to events and such other information as might be required for the effective management and operation of the legitimate interest of MHPS
Any person wishing to verify the information held by MHPS may apply to the Secretary in writing.
MHPS collects and holds personal data about:
- The Committee and its current members. The information is stored on a password protected computer file by the Secretary and also in an MHPS Dropbox with access by the Executive Committee only. Data is retained as long as a valid membership is held, thereafter all personal data will be deleted.
- Others necessary for the conduct of the business of MHPS
- Photographers are creators of images used in the activities of MHPS. This information may be used in the publication of materials, results, awards or other publicity related to MHPS’s objects.
- For inter-club competitions, personal data will need to be passed to other data controllers and it will be the duty of the external competitions secretary to check that the receiving Club has the correct processes in place.
MHPS may retain historical archives (either in paper or electronic form) for example, but not limited to, records of meetings, hand books, programmes, awards and other event results.